Continuing in the spirit of the last couple of weeks, today I’m sharing the list of things I am in the process of updating (please feel free to scroll down to the meat of this post) with the imminent release of THE PRINCE’S PROTEGE.
Did I mention that already? Book #3 in the Five Kingdoms series releases in less than two weeks – I’m so excited about this story that began life as a handful of chapters in book #2, THE PRINCE’S SON. Fairly on in the planning stages I realised the book was going to be too unwieldy with this extra thread, so it got pruned out, with the plan for it to become a supporting novella.
The characters of Marten and Betha begged for more, and got it – so my planned trilogy became a quartet. So much for planning!
But back to the intended topic!
10 (or more) things to update each time we release a new book
Each time we release a new book, there are a multitude of places online where we need to update things to stay current – readers are not impressed by out of date information, and we want to keep our readers sweet, don’t we?
This is my current list, much of which I have achieved, and the rest should be done before release date on March 29th.
- Author website – author page
- Books website – author page
(I keep 2 websites – this one for my blog and general interactions, and a separate one, DEBORAH JAY BOOKS, with individual landing pages for each of my books – I find this keep down the clutter that would appear on a single site)
2. Update book series page on author website
3. Create new landing page on books website
4. BACK MATTER in all my current books
5. Claim new book on Goodreads and Books2Read
6. New header image for:
- Blog (see top of this page)
- Book website
- Mailing list templates
7. Update welcome sequence for fresh newsletter subscribers
8. Update my PINTEREST book covers board
9. Create details page (in my own files) for new book with:
• Retailer links including universal links
• Review links
• Various blurbs at different lengths
• Extracts for sharing
10. Create advertising memes, like the one above, for launch week
This list is as much for me, as it is for you, so next time I don’t have to think about all this from scratch!
Okay, folks, it’s over to you – any additions to my list?